Sunday, February 17, 2013

It is about time


I want to keep up with my running, I really do. Busy people, with multiple schedule conflicts, it can be impossible budget enough time into the daily schedule to do it all.

Last week I was on a business trip.  Four days out of freezing Wisconsin to historic Richmond, Virginia. One of the first things I did was plan to run every day. I was really looking forward to running in 50 degree weather, which for me means shorts and a long sleeve shirt. Didn't happen. Got in one four mile run on the day I arrived and after that the plan went right out the window. Long days and team dinners – the culprits.  Not the first time this has happened to me and I know I am not alone. No easy answers to this one.  Prioritize it?  Schedule it?

Could I have been more assertive and up front about my plan to run each day.  That might have helped, but I doubt it. After all, I was not on the trip so that I could have new, warm places to run.    

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share
posted by UncleRick @ 11:07 AM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home