Thursday, December 31, 2009

Rich Man


I am not a rich man. I am a lucky man. Sometimes I think I am the luckiest man alive.

Today I ran five miles in Cleveland Heights. Most of it in Cumberland and Forest Hill Parks. After North Chagrin, I am pretty sure that in my running life, Forest Hill Park would come in second place as the location for most life time miles. I used to live about a 4 minute run to this historic park. Now I live a 4 minute run to Highland Heights Park. No knock on Highland Heights, but it does not compare to Forest Hill. Forest Hill is the location of Rockefeller's Homestead. I have no idea about the use of the word "homestead," I am just accurately relaying what the park signage calls a patch of ground at the top of the sledding hill. The homestead burned to the ground more than 100 years ago. The whole park and much of the surrounding area once was the playground for the world's richest man. Now, it is one of the favorite running locations for the world's luckiest man.


Photo - view from what would have been front door of house to the "Great Meadow."

Bookmark and Share
posted by UncleRick @ 3:27 PM   0 Comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home